Is Your Website Letting You Down? Top 10 Signs
Web design has a very low barrier to entry. Anyone can create a simple website after just a few days self-study. Because of this the internet is littered with half-baked and poorly planned websites developed by people who are learning their trade, or simply by those who are unwilling or unable to properly design websites.
Web design takes time, but more than anything it takes a willingness on behalf of the developer to constantly improve and update their skills.
Most developers are too focused on code and neglect the fact that a website represents a business. A website is more than just an online brochure. A website should generate leads and help the business owner to interact with customers. The website should be optimised to appear in Google and other search results. These days a social media integration needs to be considered for most business websites. The website should offer customers a way of asking questions and requesting feedback. The website should offer the site owner a method of notifying customers of special offers and other news using a subscription newsletter.
If you think your website is letting you down ask yourself these questions:
- Does my website clearly and immediately inform the user about the products and services I offer?
- Is my design professional, modern and clear?
- Is my layout and navigation uncluttered and easy to use?
- Can potential customers contact me using a web form?
- Do I have an opt-in mailing list to let customers know about special offers?
- How does my site stand up against my competitors (both local competitors and online competitors)?
- Does my site perform well in the search engines with the keywords that my customers are searching for?
- Does my site integrate with my social media accounts – Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, You Tube?
- Does my site get a good rating on www.websitegrader.com?
- Do I have a blog that I can update regularly?
If you answer no to one or more of these questions, your website is letting you down.
Contact us immediately for a FREE WEBSITE REVIEW. We will let you know how your website can be improved to dramatically boost your online business.